3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 2:29 AM by asabban

Web Gatewy - Join domain windows via Read Only DC

vdhuynh

Hello,

I want to do "join domain windows" with my Web Gateway via RODC (Read only DC). How can I do ? I don't have any problem with DC, but I don't know how to do with RODC. Can someone help me ?

Van ****

• 1. Re: Web Gatewy - Join domain windows via Read Only DC
          Jon Scholten

Hi Van,

This may work, but is probably a bad idea because the MWG will not be able to manage its computer account on the domain (like the password). LDAP and kerberos wouldnt be a bad idea for this situation.

Best,

Jon

• 2. Re: Web Gatewy - Join domain windows via Read Only DC
            vdhuynh

Hello Jon,

Thanks for your response. I want to use RODC because our customer don't want leave DC in our plateform by security. How can i do Web Gateway join to RODC ?

Regards,

Van

• 3. Re: Web Gatewy - Join domain windows via Read Only DC
              asabban

Hello,

as Jon stated you won't be able to join the domain on a read-only domain controller. MWG will create and manage a computer account, which is not possible on a read-only domain controller.

Your only options are to switch to a domain controller where MWG can create and modify its computer account OR (as Jon stated) switch to Kerberos (and probably NTLM). For Kerberos Authentication MWG will only import a secret which is used to validate that users are correctly authenticated. After you did the authentication with Kerberos you can lookup group memberships via  LDAP, which can also be done on a read only domain controller, as long as it offers LDAP (it should by default).

On a read-only domain controller NTLM is not an option. Installing the NTLM Agent may be another option, but I cannot say whether this works on a read only DC.

Best,

Andre