Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1492 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 1:26 PM by rpd85 RSS
rpd85 Newcomer 27 posts since
Feb 14, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2013 8:52 AM

McAfee Agent for Linux - cannot change to managed mode

Hello,

I am installing the McAfee Agent on a test Linux server (SUSE Enterprise Server 10 x64) , in preparation for deploying Virus Scan Enterprise for Linux. We want to be able to manage VSEL from our ePO server, but I cannot get the agent to talk to ePO.  I followed this installation proces:

1 - Exported the following files from the ePO server to the target system:

sitelist.xml

sr2048pubkey.bin

req2048seckey.bin

agentfipsmode

MFErt.i686.rpm

MFEcma.i686.rpm

2 - Installed the runtime and agent with the commands rpm -ivh MFErt.i686.rpm and rpm -ivh MFEcma.i686.rpm

3 - Used the following commands from the agent product documentation to change to managed mode:

/opt/McAfee/cma/bin/msaconfig ‑m ‑d <path of location containing  srpubkey.bin, reqseckey.bin and SiteList.xml>

4- Verified that the agent was running, with /etc/init.d/cma status

However, when I check the log file on the target system at /opt/McAfee/cma/scratch/etc/log, there is still an entry showing that the agent mode is 0, for unmanaged mode, and the agent will not check in with the ePO server. I have restarted the service several times, and it remains the same.

Any ideas about what else I can try, or how to further troubleshoot?

Many thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points