1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 9:11 AM by maxness

Issues with ePO 4.6.6 - No Agents Reporting, Software Not Updating, No Policy for VSE 8.7i

I had an ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6.5 server that imploded and wouldn't start anymore around the time a vulnerability was discovered in ePO 4.6.5 and lower, so I decided that was a good time to upgrade to ePO 4.6.6. This was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Ever since I upgraded to 4.6.6, including creating a fresh database, none of my nearly 2000 agents have communicated with the server; ePO says I have updates for software and I tell it to upgrade them all and it keeps saying this software has updates, and I still have VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i running across my campus but the policy catalog does not show VSE 8.7i as an option to create policies for. For being a simple point release there seems to have been a lot of changes done to the software. Here are the main issues I need assistance with at this time:

1) None of the McAfee Agents I have deployed across the nearly 2000 computers on my campus are checking in to the server. I am using McAfee Agent 4.6. The server name and IP address are still the same. I deleted and re-added all port openings (8083, 443, 8081, 8082, 8443, 8444) in the Windows Firewall on both TCP and UDP protocols. All McAfee services are automatically starting and running on the server. This was not an issue before the 4.6.6 upgrade.

2) The software manager reports that there are updates to McAfee Agent 4.6 and VirusScan Enterprise 8.8. I attempt to update them from software manager and they fail. I download the updates by hand and check them in to the repository by hand but the software manager still reports that there are updates for the software.

3) Nearly all of my computers are running VSE 8.7i and they had policies assigened to them. ePO 4.6.6 is not giving me an option for creating or editing policies for McAfee VirusScan 8.7i at all. I go to the policy catalog and the only products listed are McAfee Agent and VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0. I need the ability to change policy settings on VSE 8.7i, if they ever start showing up.

Any assistance would be appreciated. After the frustrations I've had with this software over the last 8 months I really am questioning if we'll renew our McAfee license when its due again.