2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 9:40 AM by DBO

Negative value for a Custom dictionnary

DBO

It's been a very long time I have play with our IronMail server 6.7.2 and I cannot find the information I am looking for in the doc...

I have a Custom dictionnary where I will add from time to time some string value to catch a new bunch of spam not block by the TRU filter...   It's value are simply add to the ESP computation with a Confidence Value of 60% and a Threshold Value of 100...

I now need to return a negative spam score for the occurance of some key words in the subject field so some currently quarantine e-mail can bypass the filter.  The source address/domain and destination are variable so I cannot just whitelist.

So, can I return a negative value for a string search in my dictionnary?  I look like it can but I would like to confirm this.

Ce message a été modifié par: DBO on 05/08/13 19:33:59 CDT
        • 1. Re: Negative value for a Custom dictionnary
          andyclements

Yes, you can use negative numbers.  I would occasionally see -100 put in so that specific trusted messages would be passed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Negative value for a Custom dictionnary
            DBO

Finally test it yesterday night and yes, it work to finally realise that the keyword I need to whitelist in the Subject field can also be in the To address field so both are in the header field...

Is there a way with a RegEx rule to only add point if  the keyword is not in an smtp address?

The To: filed format is bbbbbb@h123456ccclllll.com.  The word I need to whitelist is h123456

Is it possible to have a regex to exclude @h123456 but match h123456, in upper and lowercase?  I can read simple regex but to write a complex one is something else...  (

Thank you for the help