4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 3:49 AM by ohdear

getsusp results - trojans

Please help - I don't know what's best to do.  I ran rootkitfinder which found no problem.  Stinger deleted 2 problems.  I am worried as Getsusp 3 today reported 4 trojans amongst lots of suspicious files.  I don't know whether everything suspicious is actually wrong.  I don't  know haw to remove trojans.  Do I need to use Techmaster?

• 1. Re: getsusp results - trojans
          Hayton

If McAfee recognises a file as a Trojan then, if you have McAfee installed, a Quick or Full Scan will remove it.

If you don't have McAfee you can either sign up and get it, or deal with the immediate problem by running another program. I would recommend Microsoft's Safety Scanner for that.

Stinger only deals with a subset of active malware, just as Microsoft's MSRT does.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: getsusp results - trojans
            Peacekeeper

Did you add your email address to the preferences so Mcafee can contact you and were the files sent to Mcafee ie were you online when the scan was made?

on 04/08/13 7:37:27 EDT AM
            • 3. Re: getsusp results - trojans
              Vinod R

Please upload the getsusp logs as a reply in next post. i could check the logs

• 4. Re: getsusp results - trojans

Thankyou very much for your help, everyone.  I couldn't run the Total Protection scan as it was corrupted.  I subscribed to Techmaster and they checked the logs and removed various trojans etc. so everything seems fine now.  The internet went very slow/stopped working so I gave up and went for the annual subscription and they were excellent.

Thankyou again for your help.

Chloe