1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2013 10:18 PM by Regis

MWG7.2 Custom URL Block Page

peter99

Hello all,

I am trying to create a custom URL block page within MWG7.2.  I haven't had to edit or create a custom URL block page before, so this is a bit new for me.  I have created a test block URL action along with a test schema which is set as the collection within the test block URL action.  I am able edit to the URL blocked template and view the URLblocked.html file within the editor.  I am able to edit the things such as "Your requested URL has been blocked....." along with information regarding User, IP, etc that gets displayed, but I am looking to make additonal edits to such items as changing the color of the default McAfee red header and footer and the "Corporate Security Policy" section.  I see the color and border option listed in the stylesheet.css file, but editing that file does not reflect my changes. 

I am a bit unclear as to what file(s) contains the information that needs to be modified.

Please let me know if there is any additonal information I can offer that I may have left out.

As always, thank you for your time and feedback.

Thanks,

Peter

• 1. Re: MWG7.2 Custom URL Block Page
          Regis

I have this on my to-do list as well.   The red in the default block page style seems to quite literally make users see red... and throw up their hands and get angry at whomever deployed the web gateways.     Getting some of them to read a sentence or two seems a struggle, and I seriously think the color makes it worse.  

If you find the answer, please post.    A calming blue might be offense to McAfee's branding folks, but would help keep users a bit calmer when they stumble upon policy blocks.   :-)

A bunch of stylesheet.css 's can be found in /opt     with the pattern

/opt/mwg/storage/default/[date time stamp]/error_templates/default/stylesheet.css

and I think the way it works is that

/opt/mwg/storage/active_configuration    points to which  date/time stamp directory represents the active config. 

Before I'd get to eager to bark up that path though, I'd probably want to ask support if any manual edits to the stylesheet.css will survive the next policy update, or if there's a more supported way to get at these bits.