Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
595 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 2:29 PM by eplossl RSS
ogdbeheer Newcomer 1 posts since
Jul 31, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 31, 2013 7:37 AM

McAfee Email & Web Security Appliance 3000 v5.1 boot problems after update

Dear ppl,

This morning i tried to update my failover Appliance 3000 because DAT was not up to date and more like spam rules and engine. After i dit press the update now button i did see some screens with applying updates passing by. After the updates the machine needed to reboot. At this moment when i power on the appliance the only thing i see is: "error 15: file not found"

Offcourse there is a backup of the configuration so now i wanted to reinstall the appliance according to this document: https://kb.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 22000/PD22288/en_US/ews_550_ig_7002315A00_en-us.pdf At this point "download the latest version of the Email and Web Security software from the McAfee download site. (You will need your Grant Number to do this.)" i am experiencing some problems. Where is the link to download the software from the site? I do have logged in with the Grant number.

Does anyone have a link for downloading the software?

• eplossl McAfee Employee 34 posts since
    Jun 10, 2013

Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you.  The EWS 5.1 software is End of Life, and has been for over a year now.  Even more unfortunately, EWS 5.5 has been end of life for a while as well, so getting the iso for that version is going to be difficult at best.  EWS 5.6 is still supported, but I strongly recommend that, if you are just using your appliance for email scanning, you upgrade to at least McAfee Email Gateway (MEG) 7.0, if not MEG 7.5. 

Either way, since you are having trouble getting the necessary download, I recommend getting in touch with Support to get assistance with finding the download you need.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points