1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 5:56 AM by bigsmurf

Disk unsupported with multiple disks/partitions - ePo 4.6.6 / Agent 4.8 / EEPC 7.0.1

bigsmurf

Recently we upgraded our ePo server from 4.6.0 to 4.6.6, and we are testing new versions of disk encryption (EEPC 7.0.1 with Agent 4.8), currently using EEPC 6.2.0 and Agent 4.6.0.

All test clients which use one normal harddisk are doing fine, upgrading both the Agent and EEPC proceed without problems. The same holds for test machines with multiple harddisks who already use an earlier version of EEPC, these are upgrading perfectly to 7.0.1.

However, test clients which have multiple disks, but are not yet using EEPC (mostly because we wanted to wait for a newer version regarding UEFI issues), have problems. We have clients with both an SSD and a harddisk for data. The SSD will stay unencrypted to maintain performance, where the harddisk with data will be encrypted. We have this managed for more than a year with a product policy where the D:\ partition is encrypted, and this has been working fine under EEPC 6.2.0 and Agent 4.6.0. With the new versions, I get "disk unsupported" all the time, whatever I do.

The "Unsupported" message sometimes disappears when the Agent and EEPC software are installed first, followed by a format of the harddisk via Disk Management in W7 and an immediate start of the encryption after the format, but I also have clients which will stay unsupported regardless a format. Even when the disk is fully formatted, and the encryption software is installed on the machine after that, the disk will be shown as unsupported, as if something messed up the partition table or something during installation of the agent and/or EEPC software. I have never experienced this problem with the current software versions (4.6 and 6.2).

The Agent client log shows the following line as error:

2013-07-31 10:55:22,966 ERROR   CryptManager                         Skipping disk 1: alg id 0x12 is not the expected 0x12 or key check 0x17234bca48c3f07a is not the expected 0xb4785478406911bf

Formatting the disks from all clients is not really an option, so as you can imagine I'm pretty scared to deploy the new versions to all employees. Who can help me?

on 7/31/13 6:33:33 AM CDT

Message was edited by: bigsmurf on 7/31/13 2:14:05 PM CEST
        1 2 Previous Next