Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
990 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 1:04 AM by lopaladhikari RSS
ryeookin Newcomer 2 posts since
Jul 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 29, 2013 2:07 PM

EWS 5.6 is blocking email as spam even if added to the white list

Hi,

We're currently running Email and Web Security Appliance (3100) v5.6. We installed the patch 6 today as well which didn't have any effect on our problem (EWS rebooted after the patch).

The problem is that sending email is being blocked as smam even when added to the whitelisted IP addresses, whitelisted email address, and or whitelisted domains located here in the settings:

Email > Email config > Recieving email > permitted and blocked sender > with the white listed subject added as an "IP address",  "Email address", or "Domain name" and with all 3 of those options where I've added a email address, IP address or domain name (and applied the change, I've verified that further sending from what should now be allowed is still being blocked by EWS (it's listed when looking at the emails quarantined).

As such this "permitted and blocked sender" section isn't working as a white list for me.

Is there something I'm missing? If this is indeed the location, then is there a workaround to get this working?

Thanks for your time.

*Note: The "Blocked senders" section below the "Permitted senders" section is blank (so being added also to be blocked list isn't an issue).

Message was edited by: ryeookin on 7/29/13 2:05:26 PM CDT

Message was edited by: ryeookin on 7/29/13 2:07:10 PM CDT
  • lopaladhikari Newcomer 15 posts since
    Apr 5, 2013

Actually your internal mail server ip address falling in Authentication \RBL list u can see this from report and click on u will see your server ip address falling in RBL so for this u can create new mail policy only for your internal mail server there u can disable Authentication/RBL for outbound and rest of all mail traffic will effect with your previous policy only this policy will work for your server ip.

..Actually we also faced same problem so we did this and now it working fine.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points