5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 6:33 PM by Namster

McAfee Smart Install Sitelist.xml not updating

Hi All,

I am running EPO 5 with McAfee agent 4.8. I have recently updated my only agent handler (the epo server) via the web console to have a published DNS name and Published IP. The problem I'm having is that when I try and install the agent using a URL deployment link the smart install agent tries to connect back to the epo server using the handler dns name and handler ip address rather than the published dns name or published ip address. I have verified this by checking C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfeeSmartInstall\sitelist.xml and C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfeeLogs on the server I am trying to deploy to.

Deploying the agent by pushing it out via the web UI works fine and has the correct published DNS name and IP in the sitelist.xml. I think the smart installer is not being built correctly.

I have tried restarting all services and the server itself after the change.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on the EPO server where I can manually update the correct sitelist.xml for the smart installer? Or is there a way to force it to be recreated?

Thanks in advance!