Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
507 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 6:43 PM by secucd RSS
tony.lin Apprentice 123 posts since
Dec 17, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 23, 2013 12:37 AM

vulnerability mismatch information

Hi

we have find one vulnerability mismatch on the Vulnerability scan result. After we open case from support, they told us said McAfee fixed that mismatch. question is how can we prove McAfee already fix those and what mobule Mcafee to fix it?

• secucd Newcomer 17 posts since
    Jul 8, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 9, 2013 6:43 PM (in response to tony.lin)
    Re: vulnerability mismatch information

I'd implement the registry fix that adds a column to the CSV report that shows what the output the FASL script recieved from the system. That way you can see why MVM failed a specific check. I'd compare that to the value your expecting and, if you find a match, then you know that the false positive still exists.

I found an old post in the forums that tells you how to implement FASL output in the CSV file:

1. Start > Run > Type: regedit

2. Navigate to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foundstone\ReportServer] (for 32-bit host) or
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Foundstone\ReportServer]  (for 64-bit host)

3. Create the following DWORD Value:

CSVReportFASLOutput

4. Set the new key to "1" to enable the FASL output or "0" to disable (default)

5. Restart the "Report Server" Service

/Kevin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points