2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 9:05 AM by thurmanw1

Unable to view HIPS IPS Rules Policy after importing them from ePO 4.5 to 4.6

lrock

New Server:

Win Serv 2008 R2

ePO 4.6.6 Build 176

HIPS 8.0.0.2482

Old Server:

Win 2003

ePO 4.5.6 Build 137

I can import McAfee Firewall rules from ePO 4.5 server and view them but am unable to view HIPS IPS Rules on ePO 4.6 after import. I do not get any errors when importing and only see the following default polices:

McAfee Default

Minimal

My Default

During Import, "conflicts" = None

If this should be submitted to Host Intrusion Prevention and not ePO, let me know.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to view HIPS IPS Rules Policy after importing them from ePO 4.5 to 4.6
          lrock

So, I decided to try something and duplicate the HIPS IPS Rules Policy in question, created a new name, exported/imported and now I'm able to see it within ePO 4.6. Maybe it was the amount of characters used on the policy name? It was 56 char long including spaces.

• 2. Re: Unable to view HIPS IPS Rules Policy after importing them from ePO 4.5 to 4.6
            thurmanw1

I had a very similar situation.  I needed to import 5 HIPS IPS Rules policies from our enterprise server (4.5) to one of our standalone servers (4.5).  The first 4 imported fine.  The fifth appeared to import but would not show up.  I tried several times to no avail; even tried renaming the exported .xls file.  Then I tried Irock's method, i.e. duplicate, rename, export, then import.  Worked fine!!!  

Just an added note:  The file that I had trouble with also had the longest name (57 characters).  The renamed file had 34 characters.  Just a coincidence?  I don't know, but it worked for me.

Thanks, Irock!

Message was edited by: thurmanw1 on 10/1/13 9:53:41 AM EDT

Message was edited by: thurmanw1 on 10/1/13 10:05:08 AM EDT