2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 9:22 AM by dguerre

After upgrading to 4.6.6 I'm getting this error

hi,

After I upgraded to 4.6.6 from 4.6.1 I'm getting the following errors:

DataChannel - Dependency scheduler had initialization error                               
                                              AvertAlerts - Dependency RepositoryMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              VSEMAS850000 - Dependency VIRUSCAN8600 had initialization error                               
                                              issue - Dependency rs had initialization error                               
                                              VIRUSCANREPORTS - Dependency CommonEvents had initialization error                               
                                              Notifications - Dependency response had initialization error                               
                                              rsd - Dependency Notifications had initialization error                               
                                              epolicensing - Dependency console had initialization error                               
                                              SITEADV_1500 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                              epoMigration - Dependency SoftwareMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              Countermeasures - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              EPOCore - Dependency ldap had initialization error                               
                                              VIRUSCAN8800 - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              response - Dependency scheduler had initialization error                               
                                              aramid - Dependency CommonEvents had initialization error                               
                                              AgentMgmt - Dependency RepositoryMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              InstallHelper - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                              SIARevocation - Dependency RepositoryMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              EPOAGENTMETA - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              scheduler - Dependency console had initialization error                               
                                              SoftwareMgmt - Dependency response had initialization error                               
                                              ComputerMgmt - Dependency ldap had initialization error                               
                                              PolicyMgmt - Dependency DataChannel had initialization error                               
                                              VIRUSCAN8700 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                              VSEMAS870000 - Dependency VIRUSCAN8700 had initialization error                               
                                              console - Configuration problem: Class that bean class [com.mcafee.orion.console.ui.dashboard.layout.DefaultDashboardLayoutInfo] depends on not foundOffending resource: URL [jndi:/localhost/console/WEB-INF/beans.xml]Bean 'console.dashboard.layout.1x2'; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mcafee/orion/core/ui/dashboard/DashboardLayoutInfo                                
                                              ldap - Dependency rs had initialization error                               
                                              VIRUSCAN8600 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                              VIRUSCAN8000 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                              PostInstallXP - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              RepositoryMgmt - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                              rs - Dependency console had initialization error                               

CommonEvents - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               

I have tried reinstalling and restoring from backup following KB66616 but I always end up getting the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: After upgrading to 4.6.6 I'm getting this error
          Laszlo G

Did you check if ePO can connect to its database?

This is done at https://your_epo_Server:8443/core/config you just only need to write down again the password for the user defined to connect to database, check if it works and apply configuration before rebooting

Otherwise maybe your upgrade wen wrong and there's an inconsistency between ePO version and database version

• 2. Re: After upgrading to 4.6.6 I'm getting this error

I have already tried that and the connection to the database is sucessful.

A few more details I forgot to include, when I'm restoring and try to generate the certs I get the following error in ahsetup.log:

20130718174047    W    #03052    AHSETUP     The Agent Handler failed to connect to the ePO server.

20130718174047    E    #03052    AHSETUP     Failed to connect to the ePO server 'my_server:8443'

Then if i try to start the server service I get the following in system logs:

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6.6 Server service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).