Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
247 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 9:12 AM by keithdrone RSS
bigbang63 Newcomer 4 posts since
Jul 10, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 15, 2013 12:53 AM

DLP on low-speed clients

Hi everyone

I want to protect my fileserver by using DLP, but coz we use VDI almost all clients are low-speed (they have minimum hardware that they require). Is there a way in which we can run mcafee without comsuming a lot of resources.

For just testing I installed DLP on a PC with 4G RAM and It is obvious that whenever I try to open fileserver or working with file sharing, the system lags.

Is there a way in which I just install DLP on clients without antivirus?

thanks

Message was edited by: bigbang63 on 7/15/13 12:53:53 AM CDT
  • keithdrone Apprentice 56 posts since
    Jan 28, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 15, 2013 9:12 AM (in response to bigbang63)
    Re: DLP on low-speed clients

If you want to lower impact, you can run discoveries and just rely on applied Tagging.   The on-access scans will certainly lag you down, but you end up with a blind-spot too (but you also do on-access scans for items that do NOT have tags, only).    We don't run VDI and we still get issues on file shares, and McAfee can't seem to tell us why.  

Additionally, ensure that your rules are not to broad.  For example, you may wish to consider excluding some temp folders, IE cookies folder, *.tmp files, etc from the scans - but that depends on your environment and how risky you wish to play.

For intalling on clients without AV, I suggest using queries in EPO, maybe tagging the systems without AV for an install task of DLP?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points