Hi Madmike7 Try the below steps and check if you are able to install
>Install all of the Windows updates including Optional updates
>Upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest version.
In order to proceed further I need details about your Operating system.
Im running Win 7 ultimate w/ service pack 1 w/ all updates and using google chrome browser.
Even if you use Chrome, McAfee, and some other applications, use Internet Explorer, so it is important that it be totally up to date and at default settings.
Then something is blocking it. Either competing software or an infectioin. If you are satisfied that it's not the latter I suggest clicking the option there for McAfee Support. Technical Support is free of charge by phone or onloine chat.
It is also linked under Useful Links at the top of this page. Or wait for Selvan to post back.
Hi MadMike7 You can try the below steps(systematically)
1) Run MCPR tool and restart the computer.
2) Delete all files in 'temp','%temp%', and 'prefetch' folders (you can open these folders by starting Run and typing 'temp' %temp% and 'prefetch' individually.)
3) Run VCFIX application by downloading here
4) Run McAfee PreInstall from here
5) Download and install Mcafee setup from your online account (You can try renaming the setup file as Newsetup.exe and try the installation)
Keep posted about the outcome ..!
Thankz for helping, tried all the steps listed above and still the same .
Well whats left ??
Hi MadMike7 There is one last thing we can try,
Press start button and type 'cmd' in the search box below. Right click and Run As Administrator.
Type the folowing command net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
Reboot your machine and you'll be able to See a new Administrator acoount at log-on
Login to Administrator and repeat the procedure in post # 6 above.
Hope this would help. Update the status here..!
Thankz for all your feedback and help guyz , but it still doesnt install properly.Dont know what else to do ?