Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
403 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 12:09 PM by JoeBidgood RSS
dtsteinb Newcomer 36 posts since
May 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Super Agents

I created a couple of super agents for varous site.  How can I tell if a machine is actually pulling from the asigned agent or from the epo server itself?

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    1. Jul 12, 2013 9:48 AM (in response to dtsteinb)
    Re: Super Agents

The easiest way is to check the agent log and mcscript.log on the client machine - it will tell you which machine it is pulling from during a task.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

• alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    3. Jul 12, 2013 11:32 AM (in response to dtsteinb)

Telent port port 8081 vice virsa?

Open the ports vice versa, you can use netsh firewall set portopening tcp 8081.

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
  • JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    4. Jul 12, 2013 12:09 PM (in response to dtsteinb)

dtsteinb wrote:

When I am going to the machine in EPO and select and Actions-Agent-Show Agent log I get  The webiste declined to show this webpage HTTP 403 Forbidden

If you want to access the log remotely, check that you have enabled the "Enable remote access to log" option in the Logging section of the agent policy.

Otherwise, of course, assuming you can connect to the machine's filesystem, you can read the agent_<machinename>.log in a text editor.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points