Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
295 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 12:12 PM by JoeBidgood RSS
fangas Newcomer 18 posts since
Jul 8, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 12, 2013 4:43 AM

Visual c++

Once again

I am trying to install in a w server 2003 the epo 4.6.6, but now i alrady install sql server2005 express and then the set up program of epo tells me to install  visual 2005 c++ rp sp1, 2008 c++ rp e 2010 sp1 rp.

I already did the installation but if i go to add and remove programs i saw this programs installed but, epo set up tells me always the same: i have to install visual 2005 c++ sp1 rp and 2008.

Whats happen??

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    1. Jul 12, 2013 9:45 AM (in response to fangas)
    Re: Visual c++

The ePO installer should install these packages for you if they are missing - is this not happening? Can you attach the install msi log?

Thanks -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    3. Jul 12, 2013 12:12 PM (in response to fangas)
    Re: Visual c++

The file is called ePO460-Install-MSI.log, and is usually located in your %TEMP% folder, in a subfolder called McAfeeLogs.

However - do you mean that you cannot install those packages manually? If not, then the ePO installer will not be able to install them either, and you would need to troubleshoot the installation of the C++ runtimes separately - possibly you'll need to talk to Microsoft.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points