Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
375 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 7:46 AM by Laszlo G RSS
dtsteinb Newcomer 36 posts since
May 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 10, 2013 12:15 PM

EPO 5 Replication Question

I have 1 EPO server in NY and I want another in India.  I setup the NY and in system tree I have it the way I want,  How do I replicate this to the Indian EPO server?

• Laszlo G Veteran 1,213 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    1. Jul 11, 2013 2:40 AM (in response to dtsteinb)
    Re: EPO 5 Replication Question

Hi dtsteinb, you can rollup data, share tasks and policies between different servers but I think you cannot replicate software repository from an ePO server to another one.

If you want to have a distributed repository in India that will replicate to NY then you only need to deploy McAfee Agent from your ePO to a server in India and then convert it to superagent

• Laszlo G Veteran 1,213 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    3. Jul 11, 2013 7:46 AM (in response to dtsteinb)
    Re: EPO 5 Replication Question

Well no, you just only need one computer as superagent per site (or two if you need a failover). First of all you have to modify your mcAfee Agent policy for all computers stop being superagents and then set a policy for a server of your chice in the remote site to become superagent.

Once it's a superagent you'll have to set a replication task (under server tasks) and modify the McAfee Agent repository policy for this site so all computers there will check updates and product packages under their assigned distributed repository

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points