Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
627 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 4:31 PM by warlock003 RSS
warlock003 Newcomer 4 posts since
Dec 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 9, 2013 2:22 PM

DLP Agents version 3.0 if console is upgrade to version 9.3 will DLP version 3.0 agents work

We have determined that we have many outdated DLP windows client machines on the network.

We have a few thousand version 3.0 client DLP Agents that should be upgraded to 9.1 before we upgrade our current 9.2.20.23 DLP server to 9.3 per McAfee support and per best practices etc.

BUT

Given our current 1 month time line to upgrade the console and bring all agents up to date and or up to speed we wanted to know the following:

Can I upgrade my EPO console DLP component from 9.2.200.23 to 9.3 before I upgrade all the agents?

If I do upgrade the console from 9.2 to 9.3 what will happen to the 3.0 agents

In Short will DLP 3.0 agents work after we upgrade our current 9.2.200.23 console to 9.3

Thank you!

• vimalnavis McAfee SME 207 posts since
    Feb 23, 2010

Upgrade the console first. 9.3 does not support 3.0. Upgrading the console will result in 3.0 agents holding on to the last received policy and enforcing rules from the last received policy. They will not receive changes to the DLPe policy.

If you upgrade your agents before upgrading the console, the new Agents will not receive a DLPe policy.

• notime Apprentice 137 posts since
    Jul 24, 2007

w.jpg

• vimalnavis McAfee SME 207 posts since
    Feb 23, 2010

What you have highlighted is applicable only if you want the DLPe agents to continue to receive DLP policy. I believe I made this clear in my post: 9.3 does not support 3.0 and also explained what happens if the console is upgraded to 9.3 but agents are not.

Read the very next line in your screenshot: "Always upgrade the McAfee DLP Endpoint policy console before upgrading the McAfee DLP Endpoint client software".

If you have enough time, upgrade all your agents first to at least 9.1 and then upgrade the environment to 9.3. In this case the OP was about the best way to get this done in a month's time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points