3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 11:40 AM by tonyw RSS

DLP 9.2.200 error connection in windows xp

rbarboza

Hi Everyone

I have this problem, when try to apply the generate an agent override after filling the field show a warning:

Failed to generate the key

Information on exceptions:

The caller was not authenticated by the service.

This step when done from a client machine from the server it gives me error and I ran the diagnostic page and tells me that everything is correct:

<string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">MLDDCSVEPODB-VM\EPO4_MLDDCSVEPOAP-VM</string>

<string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">ALSICORP\alberto_castillo</string>

<string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">SQL Authentication. UserId: epoadmin</string>

<string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">Successful Query Performed</string>

<boolean xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">true</boolean>

<string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">9.2.200.23</string>

Jul 8 11:09:03 2013 (6012-1) [POPolicy] [ManagementConsole.Policy PolicyWrapper::ReadPolicy] Policy Loaded

===============================================================================

Jul 8 11:09:15 2013 (6012-1) [CSFramework.Util.UI MessageBoxUtils::ShowDetailedError] Exception in code: CSFramework.Exceptions.DetailedException

file: line:0 method:Void ShowDetailedError(CSFramework.Exceptions.DetailedException)

file: line:0 method:Void ShowDetailedError(CSFramework.Localization.GenericMessage, System.Exception)

file: line:0 method:Void btnUpdateDBCredentials_Click(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void OnClick(System.EventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)

file: line:0 method:Void WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)

file: line:0 method:Void OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)

file: line:0 method:IntPtr Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

file: line:0 method:IntPtr DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)

file: line:0 method:Boolean System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop( Int32, Int32, Int32)

file: line:0 method:Void RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)

file: line:0 method:Void RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)

file: line:0 method:Void RunDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form)

file: line:0 method:System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)

file: line:0 method:System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult ShowDialog()

file: line:0 method:System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult ShowDialogInCenter(System.Windows.Forms.Form)

file: line:0 method:Void ShowToolsOptions(CSFramework.Util.InitializationWizard.FieldToFocus)

file: line:0 method:Void Handle_Tools_Options(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void RaiseEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void HandleClick(System.EventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void HandleMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)

file: line:0 method:Void FireEventInteractive(System.EventArgs, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)

file: line:0 method:Void FireEvent(System.EventArgs, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)

file: line:0 method:Void WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)

file: line:0 method:Void OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)

file: line:0 method:IntPtr Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

================================================================================

thanks for yours opinions

• 1. Re: DLP 9.2.200 error connection in windows xp
          This step when done from a client machine from the server it gives me error and I ran the diagnostic page and tells me that everything is correct:

I believe you are saying you are generating the code from the end user's machine, logging into EPO from there?  If so, is that client machine user a part of the web authorized groups defined in DLPWCF configuration?   If you RDP to the EPO server and perform the same action do you get the error?

• 2. Re: DLP 9.2.200 error connection in windows xp
            rbarboza

It ´s correct,  the client machine user is a part of the web authorized groups defined in DLPWCF

If you RDP to the EPO server and perform the same action do you get the error?

No, I can to do a RDP to the EPO server and perform the same action do you don´t get the error

• 3. Re: DLP 9.2.200 error connection in windows xp

On the EPO server, where DLPWCF is installed, do the following.

Edit the following file:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\DLP\WCF Service\DLPWCFService.exe.config

Scroll to the very bottom and change:

<add key="AuthorizationGroups" value="<group>" />

Replace <group> with Everyone, save the file and restart the McAfee DLPWCF service.  Attempt to generate the key again.  If it's successful, the logged in user is not a part of the web authorized group you created, or the end user is not a domain user.