Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
346 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2013 2:07 AM by lubomir.cerny RSS
lubomir.cerny Apprentice 54 posts since
Feb 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 8, 2013 2:50 AM

No Events in Dashboard

Hi folks,

I am not sure if my problem si related with critical issue nr. 833710 ...

Reference NumberRelated ArticleIssue Description
833710Issue: Query to fetch data times out on the dashboards when the events count more than 1000.
            Resolution: None

After few days, I lost any events data in dashboards. But the events are in DB and can be analysed via RealTime Threats Analyser

Am I correct that this empty dashboard is just result of too many events reaching limit of 1000 ?

Is there any proposed sollution/workaround ?

• gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 8, 2013 10:51 AM (in response to lubomir.cerny)
    Re: No Events in Dashboard

There are a couple different causes of the issue you are seeing.  The issue you linked is a browser related issue and can be mitigated by using either chrome or firefox.

However, since the top attacks table is empty I suspect you are seeing something different.

Check this KB to see if you have a trigger in place that updates the associated sub tables:  http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78468

If the trigger is in place, it's worth checking if there are any "ERROR" entries in dbconsistency.log in the <path>/App/ directory.

This log file is created when the installer is run and will indicate if there are any problems in the database.  There is a stored procedure used for each of the tables in the dashboard.

If these are indicated as missing in the logs you will either need to try to manually recreate them or try rolling back and upgrading again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points