4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 5:34 AM by schmierer

Deploying Agents without using admin$

schmierer

Hi McAfee-Community,

we have a problem deploying agents with the ePo 5.0 (but problem seems to be version independent).

So, when we want to deploy an agent (update) via ePo (Firewall off, UAC On), the credentials we gave with has no rights for admin$ (already clear so far).

We have no Active Directory so we can not using Domain Admin User here to avoiding UAC problems.

Facts:

Novell eDirectory / Zenworks 11

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0.0 (Build 1160)

McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 1

VSE 8.8

We don´t want to turn UAC off or using the software deployment tool from Novell / Zenworks.

Is there a possibility to change the "deployshare" to another share as admin$?

Has anyone an idea for a workaround?

Nachricht geändert durch schmierer on 08.07.13 06:33:23 CDT

Nachricht geändert durch schmierer - Typo on 08.07.13 06:34:20 CDT
        • 1. Re: Deploying Agents without using admin$
          Laszlo G

Hi schmierer, if you cannot enable the admin$ share why not use zenworks to deploy McAfee Agent package?

• 2. Re: Deploying Agents without using admin$
            schmierer

Hi Laszlo G,

we handle deploying software not directly with zenworks.

When we deploy software with it, it´s only a CMD which is called from the ZEN/NAL window.

So, if we want to roll out some new agents, we have to build new icons (with new queries) every time we want to deploy.

If there is no other way, we have to go this way but that´s why i asked here if somebody has another way we can do it.

• 3. Re: Deploying Agents without using admin$
              Laszlo G

The only way I can see in this case would be creating the same user with same password (if you don't have it yet) on each computer that has local admin rights and then you should be able to deploy McAfee Agent to them

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Deploying Agents without using admin$
                schmierer

We have such a user with local admin rights.

Problem here is the UAC.

When you want to connect with this specific user, you have no access to the admin$.

The problem here is the way to log in to the share.

When UAC is off it works without problems.

The OS check which user wants to connect (normal user or admin user) while he wants to connect (before the actual log in).

So if i want to give the local admin credentials the machine first says it´s a normal user.

This problem occurs, i think, because we have no MS Active Directory here, where the machine can check and assigne the user a "admin connect token".