4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 4:09 AM by rmetzger RSS

how to enable the Artmis option in mcafee command line scan?

orel86

how can i enable Artmis option and increase the level of the ARTMIS to the highest level? i found this problem after try to scan files and the mcafee didnt found anything , after i upload the file to virustotal in the mcafee antivirus line was writing in the virus type --ARIMIS+ARTMIS Number

can anyone can help? how can i enable the ARTMIS and how can i increase the ARTMIS to the highest level ??

• 1. Re: how to enable the Artmis option in mcafee command line scan?
          Ex_Brit

Moved from the General area to VirusScan Enterprise for better attention.

It's ARTEMIS by the way.

Someone will hopefully help you soon.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/07/13 7:04:20 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: how to enable the Artmis option in mcafee command line scan?
            orel86

thanks i looking for a quick answare

have grate day

• 3. Re: how to enable the Artmis option in mcafee command line scan?
              rmetzger

Orel,

The Command Line Scanner does Not have Artemis (or the official name GTI). You Cannot Enable it. As long as this thread was started, Artemis would no longer be involved with detecting files (on your CD that is). The signature database would have been updated. Try downloading today's DAT files and expand them into the current location of the Command Line Scanner. Then run the scan again as you did before.

What did your log.log file say?

Ron Metzger

• 4. Re: how to enable the Artmis option in mcafee command line scan?
                rmetzger

Hi Orel,

orel86 wrote:

where can i download from the new DAT files ?(the DAT  files is the signature files?)

The DAT files are the signature files, found here:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?regi on=us

1) Select the .DATS tab across the top,

2) Download the XXXXxdat.exe file to your directory where you placed the Command Line Scanner,

3) From that directory, open a command prompt,

4) XXXXxdat.exe /E

Replace XXXX with the 4 digits used in today's DAT file version. As of July 7, 2013, this is 7129

So, to extract the July 7, 2013 DAT files,

1) Download 7129xdat.exe

2) 7129xdat.exe /E

orel86 wrote:

i create the log files by myself with the >>Logfile Location+Logfilename.txt

Scan.exe D:\ /ANALYZE /ALL /CLEAN /DAM /NC /NOEXPIRE /PLAD /PROGRAM /SUB /UNZIP /WINMEM /RPTALL /APPENDC:\McAfee\Log.log

/RPTALL /APPENDC:\McAfee\Log.log would have created the log.log file in C:\McAfee directory.

So, what is the contents (with whatever name you chose)?

orel86 wrote:

ther is a switch that i need to type to enable the new feature "McAfee® Global Threat Intelligence® (McAfee GTI™) File Reputation?

SWITCH DOESN'T EXIST. McAfee GTI (ARTEMIS) CANNOT BE 'ENABLED' for the Command Line Scanner!

Ron Metzger