Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
782 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 3:11 PM by alexn RSS 1 2 Previous Next
czql5v Apprentice 110 posts since
Aug 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 4, 2013 9:20 AM

Automatic Replication

Hi All,

Please could someone help.

We have noticed that since the 28th of June we have not received any updates. When we checked the EPO server we found that the Automatic Replication had not been carried out since this date. I have checked the Server Task Logs and they all appear fine, all configured properly etc. Has anyone got any idea of why this could have happened. We are not aware that there have been any network type issues and all the replications are to Super Agents at different sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

• thatsnotme Newcomer 9 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    1. Jul 4, 2013 7:34 PM (in response to czql5v)
    Re: Automatic Replication

It's probably something you've already checked, but have you confirmed that in your replication task that there's no end date set?

Other than that, do you actually see the task trigger in your task log?  I'm not sure whether your post is saying that the task just fails to start at all, or if it runs as normal but the files don't get updated?

Apr 18, 2011
    3. Jul 9, 2013 6:59 PM (in response to czql5v)

Sorry, I meant to check the Server Task Logs.  In EPO, you have your Server Tasks, where you create and maintain tasks, and then the Server Task Log, which shows you when tasks have run, and whether they've been successful or not.  If the tasks simply aren't triggering, then they wouldn't show up in there.  If they do trigger but fail for some reason, you'd be able to see that.

Have you tried just creating a brand new replication task from scratch?  Get rid of the existing task and see if a new task will run on schedule?

Apr 18, 2011
    5. Jul 10, 2013 1:39 AM (in response to czql5v)

Sorry, I thought you'd probably be aware of the task log, but wasn't sure!

I can't see any logs outside of the server task log that might help you.  \DB\Logs\Replication.log from what I can see is only created / updated when the replication task has run, which doesn't help you much.

What version of EPO are you running?

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    6. Jul 10, 2013 11:32 AM (in response to thatsnotme)

The epoapsrv.log will contain details about replication tasks - I would definitely check there if you have not already done so.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    8. Jul 10, 2013 2:07 PM (in response to czql5v)

Try and manually run a replication task, the attach the epoapsrv log here - we can take a look.

Thanks --

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points