I am on Exchange 2010 Sp3, rollup1 with MSME 8.0, patch 1. Under SPAM, if i turn on McAfee GTI IP reputation, to malicous above 49, wich is the lowest setting, none
of my IMAP4 external clients can connect on either PC or MAc clints, inteal works. IMAP also stops working on Handhelds, but activesynh works on IOS andAndroid.
I cant seem to find any info on this, any help wopuld be appreciated.
Message was edited by: hrodrigu on 7/3/13 9:47:58 AM CDT
I honestly have never heard of anything like this before - have you tested GTI connectivity??
Please have a look at Solution 2 in How to verify that GTI File Reputation is installed correctly and that endpoints can communicate with the GTI server (KB53733)
Are there any specifc error messages/event relating to msme in event log or product log at these times??
If connectivity is available I would recommend opening support case - and getting debug logging (level High) for a short period when enabling this where issues are witnessed.
In Interface - Settings and Diagnostics - Diagnostics.
Enable Diagnostic logging - Level High
In Specify folder - specify a new or existing empty folder e.g. C:\McAfee\Debugs
(Do not use desktop/user folders - as transport scanning logs may not appear in these folders/desktop)
Enable GTI as described - witness issues briefly. (few mins)
Disable Diagnostics (Set level to NONE)
Add to case with result of connectivity test. and any specific issue listed in evt logs or product log.
I didn’t say it would be easy, the above is what is happening. I stopped GTI on 7/3 and everybody is working, we are a major university and my users expect imap, and I cannot take it away. I had already checked all logs and I see no errors and I verified GTI connectivity:
I opened a call as you suggested, but have not submitted the logging part yet, I will work on that on Monday. Thanks and I will keep you posted.
Message was edited by: hrodrigu on 7/5/13 9:35:11 AM CDT
I wanted to chime back, the issue has been resolved after escalating to tier2, but we are not exactly sure how. I applied a hotfix, HF904321 and then narrowed the list to just 3 clients all on MACs. Two were actually POP clients, moving them to MAC mail imap, 10.7 did it. The last one had 10.4, upgrading to 10.7 also did the trick. These troublesome clients worked fine and only stopped functioning after I upgraded to MSME 8 and enabled GTI. GTI is working fine, but there is no ability to regulate/fine tune access, it’s either on/off. That’s not good, otherwise we like MSME8.