This is not a request for help (although it is usually) but me sharing my experience that I have had today...
I followed the upgrade checklist to the letter.
When it came to the actual installtion of the software it kept bombing out just after the SQL authentication.. I checked the logs and it was moaning about SQL and not being able to connect to it, even though previous lines with the NT Account I was using we passing OK...
The issue led me to this post.
By deleting the SQL instance from the install and just using the server name the install completed... (After some very slow services restarted)
That wasnt it though.... I have a cluster installation so I moved on to Node 2...
Now the node 2 upgrade completed without issue but when I fell over to it ePO would not function.. After investigation I found that the Application Server Service was missing... ONLY 2 Services were installed...
I removed and reinstalled the ePO Program from Node 2 and hay presto... Completed.
Thank God, I wasnt looking forward to a complete recovery from Backup.
This is me giving something back to you guys.. I hope this helps someone out who has similar problems..
(Time to de-stress)