Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
164 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 6:53 AM by dmease729 RSS
dmease729 Champion 267 posts since
Jul 22, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 28, 2013 6:53 AM

Issue with report scheduling options

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have worked on MVM, so just wondering if you could help with a quick query on report delivery.  The last couple of deployments have focused around running a customised script on the MVM server that copies off all reports produced by scans (that are stored in a local folder I forget) to another location.  What I am hoping for this time is that when a scan completes, the scan report gets automatically sent to X@Y.com - however I cannot for the life of me see how to automatically send a scan report after a scan has completed (am using latest MVM7.5)....  I could create a custom report that sends out a single date vulnerability report, however that runs into an issue with the scheduling - If I need to schedule the scans for the 1st Sunday of every month, I cannot schedule the custom report to go out on the 1st Monday, as that may be earlier than the first Sunday.  I could set the scan to start at 00:00 and the custom report to be sent at 23:59, but this relies on the scan actually completing, and the chance of this is lowered if we are restricted to scan windows. 

Could I ask if a) there is anything I am missing, and b) if not, what are people out there doing for this requirement?

cheers,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points