6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2013 4:52 PM by exbrit

Annoying popup

AceH

I have an annoying popup that I can't seem to get rid of.  I keeps asking me to download a plugin.  It claims to be a video plugin downloader manager which I don't want.  Here is a like to the annoying popup:

Dangerous link removed by Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/06/13 3:51:58 EDT PM
        • 1. Re: Annoying popup
          exbrit

Please don't post dangerous links...instead take a screenshot and post that using the camera symbol.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/06/13 3:52:56 EDT PM
          • 2. Re: Annoying popup
            Hayton

I know what this is, I think. Someone asked about it in another thread. Have a look at the screenshot in https://community.mcafee.com/message/271225#271225

and if it's the same as you are seeing then do not click on it.

You need to block iframes if possible - in Firefox use NoScript. For other browsers you may need another way to block these. And run a Quick Scan and Malwarebytes just in case.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 24/06/13 21:37:55 IST
            • 3. Re: Annoying popup
              AceH

I ran Maywarebytes PRO several times and it comes up clean.

Ex_Brit, sorry about posting the link, I wasn't aware of the danger it my pose.

• 4. Re: Annoying popup
                exbrit

That's all OK, I know it was unintentional.   MBAM Pro is fine except look out for possible clashes if it's real-time protection is turned on.  It could clash with McAfee.     

• 5. Re: Annoying popup
                  AceH

I do have real time monitoring turned on but so far I haven't had any problems between Malwarebytes PRO and McAfee.  The only time there seems to be an issue is when I upgrade McAfee and the installation wants to uninstall MBAM PRO which I always allow it to do, but once everything is up and running, they seem to get along well together on the playground.  :-)

• 6. Re: Annoying popup
                    exbrit

It was merely a thought.  I too have MBAM Pro but usually have the realtime protection turned off.       McAfee will object to it, but if you click continue it will go ahead and ignore it.