5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 4:49 PM by JoeBidgood

Updating Dat  File

dtsteinb

I just pulled the latest DAT file so now my repository show 7105.0000.  My question is how can I get that to the clients.  I have in System Tree - Client Tasks a DAT update which runs everyday at 12:30.  If I wanted to push it before  that is there a way?  I see in Menu-Server Setting there is a Global Updating.  Is that how I can push it immediatly if needed?  Set the interval for like 10 mintues?

• 1. Re: Updating Dat  File
          hem

That's correct.

• 2. Re: Updating Dat  File
            dtsteinb

That does not work.  I set Global updating and what that does is updates the Distrubited Repositiories.  I want it to update the clients.

• 3. Re: Updating Dat  File

Hi,

Create agent updatye client task set a specific time period and set the missd task interval to 10 mins .

basically global update will works for the distributed repository.

• 4. Re: Updating Dat  File
                dtsteinb

Sorry, I do not understand.  Where am I setting the client task?  I have 4 things under Server tasks:

Repository Pull - Which will update the DAT file in the Master Repository

Repository Replication - Replicates the new DAT to the other Repositories

Schedule Pull

Agent deploy on AD Computer

The last 2 I have no idea but they are enabled.

I clients get the updated DAT file, I just need to know which server task is doing that and how I can push it sooner if needed.

• 5. Re: Updating Dat  File
                  JoeBidgood

In an ePO environment, things like DAT updates are pulled by the client machines, rather than pushed from a central server. Please see the "Client Tasks" and "Update Tasks" sections of the ePO Product Guide - this will help you. (I would strongly recommend reading the whole Guide if you haven't already done so.)

The ePO 5 Guide can be found here:  - if you're using a different version of ePO please search the knowledge base for the Guide applicable to your version.

HTH -

Joe