You may need to raise this officially with McAfee support, given the nature of the problem.
I can only think of a problem with one of the older versions of this product (v6.x) where on certain appliances, the default swap file size was too small and this would have meant that future upgrades would have failed. However, I haven't needed to concern myself with anything relating to the swap file for possibly 5 or 6 years now.
What may be happening is Sendmail processes are consuming all the memory on the system. Try this procedure:
- In Admin Console application, navigate to Application Defenses/Defenses/Mail (Sendmail).
- Click on the button 'Sendmail Properties.'
- For your internal zone, select “M4 config file” and then “Edit file”
- Add the following line in the config file editor and save it:
- Repeat the same procedure for Internet zone sendmail configuration.
- Save configuration.
As Sliedl said,
Follow his suggestion, will solve your issue.
hi to all,
Good day to you , Phil ticket is already open from last three week. Tired of sending logs to support.
Sliedl and Alex we are not using sendmail service but we are using antivirus scaning on port 80 and 443 , but now i minimize the sccaning to port 80 and scan on application but still the same below are some snapshots of dashboard and swap.
As you see the swap is almost 67% so i have to restart today otherwise it will Hang Tommorow
Thanks in advance.
Sendmail is used to send off-box email alerts also. This issue has happened previously and the fix works.
Sliedl i put the line in the last is it correct.
If you need help please call into Support or open a ticket through the web portal.