1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 1:41 PM by vikas Prasad

Uninstall Instructions

Brand new Asus S400 Laptop, need instructions to uninstall this product.

Windows 8.

S400CA-DS51T-CA

• 1. Re: Uninstall Instructions
          Peter M

See TS101466.   If that fails I will ask for help as there may be a fix available from support which we Mods don't have access to.

• 2. Re: Uninstall Instructions

I would love to uninstall via the control panel, however, there's no program listed to uninstall.  Yet I can see the service running.

Message was edited by: nitra on 08/06/13 9:24:16 CDT AM
            • 3. Re: Uninstall Instructions
              Peter M

Oh dear.  I wonder why the entry is missing....have you been running any registry cleaners lately?

Anyway, I will alert my contact in Technical Support to intervene in this thread, they will most likely send you a private message.

• 4. Re: Uninstall Instructions

The machine is brand new, hours old.

It wasn't there from the first boot.

There was a Mcafee Anti-virus scanner install, which I removed.  I cannot remove this Anti-Theft software, there's no uninstaller for it that I can find.

• 5. Re: Uninstall Instructions
                  Peter M

OK, thanks.  I've emailed my TS contact, but I have no idea when they will respond.

If you wish to try support yourself there is 24/7 phone support specifically for Anti-Theft here:  http://www.intel.com/support/services/anti-theft-svc/sb/CS-032771.htm

Phone number for Canada:

From Canada, dial 1-888-252-5183
                  Language: English
                  Support hours: 24x7x365

From Canada, dial 1-888-252-8822
                  Language: French
                  Support hours: 09:00 - 17:00 Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday

Depuis le Canada, composez le: 1-888-252-8822
                  Langue: français
                  Heures d'assistance: 9 h 00 - 17 h 00 heure normale de l'Est, du lundi au vendredi

• 6. Re: Uninstall Instructions

For the moment, I've disabled this in the bios, and blocked the service from running.

I'll wait for them to get back to me here.

It's just a little odd the service was fully installed on first boot of the machine and wasn't in such a state that it could be removed.

• 7. Re: Uninstall Instructions
                      Peter M

Yes it's something I have yet to experience as my PC doesn't have the chip.    It's a strange entity in that it's partially hardware and partially software based.  None of the Moderators have it yet so we are pretty useless at helping out with it unfortunately.

The problem most people seem to have been having was that once installed there were issues decrypting files completely in order to uninstall it.   At least that's what I gather from previous threads.

I don't know but I would imagine the Service is there because the chip is there, whether on or off, however I'm just guessing.

• 8. Re: Uninstall Instructions

Chip is here for sure, but I never enabled, hence the reason I was able to disable it in the bios.

• 9. Re: Uninstall Instructions
                          Peter M

Then there probably isn't anything to uninstall, but support will know.   If you never specifically installed and activated Anti-Theft then that would be the case.  Support will know best.  ;-)

1 2 Previous Next