3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 2:42 PM by Peter M

After installation, can no longer search in Outlook 2011

Hi,

After installing McAfee, I can no longer search in Outlook 2011. When I put a term in, it simply states, not found, even though the email is right there.

I rely on the search function. Has anyone found a work around?

Amy

• 1. Re: After installation, can no longer search in Outlook 2011
          Peter M

Outlook 2011 was for a MAC, do you mean Outlook 2010?

I found this online, it may help:

Turn Windows Indexing Service back on.

1. Control Panel >> Programs >> Programs and Features >> Turn Windows Features on or off

2. Tick (check mark) the Indexing Service check box and hit OK

Thats it.  You may want to restart your computer just for good measure.  Once you are back up, you will need to wait for a while for the indexing service to Index everything (many hours), but after a short time (half hour) you can check your email search bar and find that some of your email is now showing in the search results.

• 2. Re: After installation, can no longer search in Outlook 2011

I have a Mac, so I was referring to Outlook 2011. It turned out that you were right, though. Spotlight was indexing my computer, which was the reason I couldn't search! As soon as Spotlight finished, searches worked just fine.

Thank you.

Amy Lossie

• 3. Re: After installation, can no longer search in Outlook 2011
              Peter M

Well glad I sort of hit the nail on the head, so to speak....LOL

That reminds me - we need to activate the MAC section of these forums.   It's there but locked and hidden at the moment, awaiting some manager's OK I believe.  I'll ask about it once more.