2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2013 9:01 AM by cryptochrome

Webwasher 6.x - Logging for SSL related errors?

cryptochrome

Hi,

where does Webwasher log SSL related errors and incidents? I can't find anything in the normal access.log nor in the errors.log. For example, I am getting an "SSL Handshake failed" error but it doesn't go into the details. Where do I find what's going on? Also, on the SSL Quick Snapshot Dashboard I can see "CRL match" errors, but I don't see any of these in the logs. There is nothing in the Incident Manager either.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Webwasher 6.x - Logging for SSL related errors?
          Jon Scholten

Hi there cryptochrome,

As far as SSL handshake failures there isnt really a good log for those sorts of things. The access log will log the attempt, but the only actionable information you get out of it, is the response code and the requested URL (so you could whitelist it if needed).

There is SSL debug logs, you can find this under Configuration > Debugging, then you can turn this up to whatever level you like. However, I'm not sure how much use this will be.

Otherwise I always like looking at tcpdumps to see what is happening between the MWG and the client, and also the MWG and the server.

Best,

Jon

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Webwasher 6.x - Logging for SSL related errors?
            cryptochrome

Thanks. I tried the SSL Debug logs, but even at it's most verbose level, it doesn't really offer much help.