1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 4:20 AM by Peacekeeper

Firewall Keeps Turning Off

The firewall on my computer keeps turning off by itself. It has been doing this for about 2 weeks. My computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.I am using McAfee total Protection 2013.  I have no clue what the problem is.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will answer any questions related to solving the issue.

Thanks in advance!!!!!1

Message was edited by: Hayton (subject line only) on 06/06/13 09:43:17 IST
        • 1. Re: Firewall Keeps Turning Off
          Peacekeeper

Are you virused appears you might be as you asked here re a possible infection.

1. try restoring the PC to a time before all this started remenber you will lose some changes and maybe other programs that happened in that period.

2. Run mcafee in safe mode

3 referring to this link McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

run after downloading stinger and getsusp ( add your email to the preferences so Mcafee can contact you then download and run the free malwarebytes from the link provided.

4. After above you might have an idea what you have picked up and we can expand on what to do. 

The firewall issue is 99% possibly caused by the issues you are having. We can fix the firewall only after the malware is removed. I went through this with my daughter's laptop only last week all worked out in teh end.