6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 6:54 AM by Peter M

error registering MOVE SVA with vShield

hi

When I setup the MOVE SVA appliance I get the attached error (yes the vshield username and password is correct )

"error activating solution: 607"

"Unrecognize moid"

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 12.25.15 PM.png

• 1. Re: error registering MOVE SVA with vShield
          dsabulsky

This error '"error activating solution: 607" "Unrecognize moid" indicates that the vShield Manager database already has an entry for this hypervisor.  This is not a McAfee error that can be fixed by McAfee.

Possible solutions include:

- Reset the vShield Manager database

- Remove the hypervisor from vCenter, readd.  This will remove and recreate the hypervisor with vShield Manager.

- Remove and reinstall the vShield Manager plugin for vCenter.

Or, contact VMWare Support for indepth assistance on the vShield Manager database.

• 2. Re: error registering MOVE SVA with vShield
            grbvmw

This will occur on vShield Manager 5.1.2 943471 due to a vCenter Inventory Synchronization issue.

The error is "unrecognized moid", vShield Manager cannot find the managed object id for the SVA you are trying to register because it has not been able to sync with vCenter.   The newly deployed SVA VM moid has not been populated in vShield Manager

Please upgrade to 5.1.2 997359, available for download at: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VSP51-VCL-VCNS512A&produc tId=286&rPId=3346

Please refer to http://kb.vmware.com/2044458 for the upgrade procedures for vCNS 5.1.2a

Once you have verified you are running 997359, re-enter your vCenter connection settings in the vShield Manager webpage, and then retry registration of your SVA.

• 3. Re: error registering MOVE SVA with vShield
              Peter M

@grbvmw, regarding your abuse report which ends up in my Moderation queue, not sure why you object to a solution provided by McAfee support themselves, especially after almost a year has elapsed.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/06/14 7:53:50 EDT AM
              • 4. Re: error registering MOVE SVA with vShield
                Peter M

If you disagree with something in a thread, post a response as such or contact the author using private messaging but do not use the "Report Abuse" button for posts belonging to staff or to a Moderator (myself) or you will be blocked from accessing these forums.

That is not what that button is for.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/06/14 7:54:49 EDT AM