1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 12:55 AM by Attila Polinger

error opening "agent log show" why?

gaara

I installed a virtual machine for testing and I can not communicate with the computer (have the agent installed), also when opening "agent log show" fails me, I think it's a port problem.

He instalado una máquina virtual para pruebas y no logro comunicar con el equipo (tiene el agente instalado), también al abrir "mostrar registro del agente" me da error, yo creo que es un problema de puertos.

• 1. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

can you please check the McAfee Agent log on the client if it shows any network errors when connecting to the ePO server (thus excluding the virtual client network issue).

Then please check if you can open http://yourclientname:8081 from the ePO server (from a browser).

Then please check if McAfee Agent policy (on the ePO server) is set to "Allow remote access to logs" option enabled (checked).

In this order (top to bottom) .

Attila

• 2. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
            gaara

MESSAGE.

Starting the deployment team manager 10.0.2.15 through WIN-G2SH6RRKO2N.s21sec.com agents

Failed to authenticate with the remote system, system error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Not as editing a system

El mensaje fue editado por: gaara on 5/06/13 3:48:41 CDT
            • 3. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
              Attila Polinger

Where this message originates from, please?

(This does not seem to me as being in connection with a possible error message as a result of your problem)

Attila

• 4. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
                gaara

I am attaching pictures:

I have a virtual machine for testing and Epo I installed 4.6, I've also intalado the agent on the virtual machine, those are the only two things I've done but I can not communicate

What else I have to configure?

I do not know if ports may be problems that require Epo main repository, etc. I'm a little lost, I get an error of login and password.

• 5. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
                  Attila Polinger

OK, now I get the picture.

You want to deploy an agent to a system with IP 10.0.2.15. The task returns an error:

"Failed to authenticate with the remote system, system error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password"

This means that the ePO server does not have admin access to the client and thus cannot do the push.

If it were a ports issue, then the error message would be something else, for example: Cannot connect to host or Host is unreachable, etc.

Please find out if the user id and password you used to push the agent to this host is in the Administrators group on that host (should be) for the push to succeed.

Attila

• 6. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
                    gaara

I attached image
                    The problem is certainly the two categories that sure get upset

Domain: *
                    User name: *
                    I'll leave password empty because not whether to put

• 7. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
                      Attila Polinger

Hi,

domain need not be WORKGROUP; if you specify that, then a search for a domain named WORKGROUP will be issued and most likely will be failing. Just leave the field empty.

User name is not computername that you now entered, that field should have a valid administrator id. Just think of your Windows id, whatever it is, this particular id should be similarly formulated.

The "Credentials for agent installation" means that here you should enter an global administrator id and password, which is valid and should have administrator access to all of your clients. This also means that this ID should be in the local Administrator group on every Windows host.

In your case, the host seems to be in a workgroup and not in a domain. This means that you need to check what users are in the local Administrator group of the host and use one of those IDs with a valid password to enter in the fields above.

Attila

• 8. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
                        gaara

I got it!

One question, I can only have a machine installed in the virtual machine epo me to test?

In my company asked me to do software testing Epo installing virtual machine and then upgrade from 4.6.3 to 4.6.6 epo but I installed only the agent and antivirus

I guess I should create a policy and something more but I'm a little lost on what policies could create to test.

• 9. Re: error opening "agent log show" why?
                          Attila Polinger

If I understand you correctly you want to upgrade the ePO server software from 4.6.3 to 4.6.6?

If yes, this is achieved by obtaining the ePO 4.6 Patch 6 installation package and run it on the ePO server computer. Just like you would install  any Windows software.

As you only test ePO and have virtual machine the usual backing up data and systems are not critical, since this is not a production environment.

1 2 Previous Next