2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 8:10 PM by monzdname

Problem Uninstalling Anti Theft

Good day,

Hello I'm from the Philippines and I recently bought an ASUS Ultrabook with Windows 8 installed. I was downloading some extensions to chrome and it keeps getting an error. I searched for solutions via web and it all points out to the Anti Theft software as the problem. I need to uninstall Anti Theft for now but I keep getting errors just like the ones stated by other posts. I didn't plan on writing this post but since the solutions are PMed by the moderators, i guess I have to post one too. So can you please PM me and give a detailed instruction on how to uninstall the Anti Theft.

And I might also comment on the device tracking service, when i looked at the device tracking history of my laptop, it points to several different locations a hundred kilometers away and I am just using my laptop at home and at the office. If my laptop got lost or stolen for real, I will have trouble locating it since the gps thingy is not very accurate here in our country. The idea and purpose behind this software is great, I would love to reinstall this Anti Theft if the above mentioned problems will be solved.

• 1. Re: Problem Uninstalling Anti Theft

Definetely we will help you to recover from the current situation

I will send a PM with detailed information about the data that needs to be collected from your machine to troubleshoo the issue.

best

Kailash

McAfee Team

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem Uninstalling Anti Theft

Good day Kailash

Thank you very much, the problem is solved, Anti theft was completely gone from my system. I have even installed the chrome extensions, meaning it was totlally gone, and I noticed my system got a little faster. Thank you so much for the good tech support.

Message was edited by: monzdname on 6/5/13 8:10:57 PM CDT