6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 3:19 PM by Peter M

cannot uninstall Anti-Theft

I have the same problem as andrzejm. The discussion was clocked. So I created a new disccusion.

First I installed Windows 8 which has Norton Internet Security (I just bought a new laptop yesterday). After that I wanted to use Intel Anti-Theft Service 2.0. I installed it. However, the location that software tracked was totally wrong. All folders and files I created were set only-read default. That's why I decided to uninstall it.

When I try to uninstall Intel AT, I received the message:

Unable to remove software

We're sorry, there was a problem removing the software. Please try again.

When I log in into the website I receive a message: Your device is not setup.

I also cannot reinstall the software.

So tired!!!!!!!!

Please help me to uninstall it. I live in Vietnam. I cannot use phone support. So, pm me or post solutions on this discussion.

Hope to recieve McAfee ASAP.

• 1. Re: cannot uninstall Anti-Theft

Bamboo,

I will send the required details through PM.

Pl respond, we will try to resolve your issue.

best

Kailash

McAfee Team

• 2. Re: cannot uninstall Anti-Theft

I solved it by myself. The uninstalling process had an error although I followd guide step by step. It couldn't finish. Everytime I restarted, it requested to unintall and failed. I used MCPR to remove all McAfree products. It changed Intel Anti Theft to expired one. Luckily, I didn't have much data on this new laptop, I reset laptop.

International users should not install this software. It is such a mess to remove it and it is hard to find a support. We cannot call to US hourly to solve the problem. I don't know how about the tracking location in US, the software tracked wrong my location in Vietnam (Maps software which is integrated with Windows 8 track my location exactly). It encryped my data and I had problems to change, delete files although the status was normal (not stolen). When I uninstalled it, it needed to decrypted the data, then problem happened. I don't know if it conflicted with some software I installed after Intel AT such as utorrent, Norton Security, Microsoft Office 2010.

This product needs more tests before releasing. Before the theft steals laptop, the customer has a lot trouble with it.

Anyway, thank you for replying.

Message was edited by: bamboo on 6/2/13 12:00:55 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: cannot uninstall Anti-Theft
              Peter M

For your future reference the Worldwide phone numbers for Anti-Theft Support are linked in an announcement at the top of this AT section or here:  http://www.intel.com/support/services/anti-theft-svc/sb/CS-032771.htm

There is a phone number for support in Vietnam but in English only.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/06/13 1:07:42 EDT PM
              • 4. Re: cannot uninstall Anti-Theft

I tried but I couldnot call that number. I think it need a country code before it (001?)

• 5. Re: cannot uninstall Anti-Theft
                  Peter M

I will report that and have it checked out.  No country code should be used as you are within the country.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/06/13 6:46:59 EDT AM
                  • 6. Re: cannot uninstall Anti-Theft
                    Peter M

I would use the Technical Support online chat linked on this page http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html until this is fixed.  They are checking that phone number out but it may take some time as that's an Intel published page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/06/13 4:19:58 EDT PM