3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2013 3:16 AM by neelima

Trusted Updaters

sagarmc004

Hi,

I am using Solidifier 6.1. After solidifying the system, I have added an Admin user as a trusted updater and as Admin user, I installed few applications.

When I run "sadmin lu" to see the list of unsolidified files, I see that the application components which I installed as Admin user are under this unsolidified list.

a) Why the applications installed by trusted user are not added to the whitelist ?

b) What is the impact on the system performance because of this issue ? Will Solidifier allow trusted user to run unsolidified binaries ?

c) Can users who are not under trusted updater list tamper or remove these unsolidified binaries ?

Regards,

Sagar

• 1. Re: Trusted Updaters

Hi Sagar,

a) Why the applications installed by trusted user are not added to the whitelist ?

>They should be. Did you logoff and logon after adding the user as trusted?

b) What is the impact on the system performance because of this issue ? Will Solidifier allow trusted user to run unsolidified binaries ?

>I am not sure how this behavior imapcts system performance. Can you elaborate? Yes, Solidifier allows trusted user to run unsolidified binaries.

c) Can users who are not under trusted updater list tamper or remove these unsolidified binaries ?

>Yes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trusted Updaters
            sagarmc004

Hi Neelima,

You meant, system logoff/logon is required after adding user as trusted user and then add the binaries after logon ?

What I did was adding  a trusted user (no logoff/logon) and immediately add the binaries.  Can this be the reason for binaries not listed under whitelist ?

Regards,

Sagar

• 3. Re: Trusted Updaters

Yes and Yes.