i performed a brand new installation for a costumer. no ePO is running.
windows 2008 r2 sp1
exchange 2010 sp3
now i tried to install groupshield 7.0.2 in this order:
1) GSE702ENL.ZIP (Deployment package for a fresh install of GSE v7.0.2 on Microsoft Exchange 2010)
2) GSE702HF616318.zip (This Hotfix is mandatory if you are planning to deploy SP1 (or higher) for Exchange 2010. It fixes an incompatibility issue with GroupShield 7.0.2 and Exchange 2010 SP1)
3) GSE702PATCH1.ZIP (THIS PATCH1 INCLUDES GSE702ROLLUP2 as well AndAddresses Oracle Outside In vulnerability in the CorelDRAW file.)
4) GSE702HF722781.zip (McAfee GroupShield 702 for Microsoft Exchange 2010 Hotfix 722781 (Refer KB KB75991))
5) GSE702HF837850.zip (GSE702 Hotfix for Exchange 2010 SP3)
but on step 2 i recieve an error (see attached log file). so i can`t update.
how can i update groupshield 7.0.2 to work with exchange 2010 sp3?
If this is a brand new server set up I would suggest installing the latest version of the software - i.e. MSME 8
MSME 8 and (its required HF for E2010SP3 Compatability are available with grant number at download site.
Groupshield products have now been removed from sale and from download site and is heading towards EOS.
thx for your support. i checked msme 8.0 and now i will check it out.
one more question:
what is this?
Activations.zip Activation files for Standalone and ePolicy Orchestrator Installations
do i need it to active msme or something? because i will install only the minimal necessary.
Well since your logged in with your grant number you have downloaded the Licensed version of MSME 8 - MSMEv80_x64L
The activations zip file contains two items - for licensing the product and for licensing AntiSpam component
(there are two sections standalone and ePO deployable)
- MSMEA which can convert EVAL to Lic you won't need this if you install the MSMEv80_x64L (already licensed)
- MSMEASA for antispam activation - if you choose to install the additional antispam component default is 30 day license - this converts to full license.
i just installed msme 8 with antispam. the installation showed no errors. activation of anti-spam worked fine. now my only task is the configuration. thx for your help.