Current environment: ePO4.6.6, endpoint Windows systems all supported OS (except Win8 and Win2k12 - not currently in environment)
Few notes I have made on VSE installs and currently released hotfixes:
- VSE repost patch 3 release date Jan 8 2013. Installing this on supported OS other than Win8 or Win2k12 installs patch 2.
- HF793781 release date Aud 23 2012. Is this hotfix automatically included in VSE report patch 3 package, even if patch 2 version is installed (ie has the 'patch 2' version within the 'patch 3' release been updated with this hotfix, or do we need to manually install this hotfix after deploying the patch 3 release to supported OS other than Win8 or Win2k12?)
- HF805660 release date Feb 11 2013 - we will need to install this manually after the VSE deployment
- HF778101 release date Feb 25 2013 - we will need to install this manually after the VSE deployment
- HF838306 release date Mar 25 2013 - looks like an extension update? Even though we currently have no Win8 or Win2k12 in our environment, I would guess that it wouldnt cause any harm to apply this extension update? Also, it looks to be a prereq before an upgrade to ePO5
So, key questions:
- For preWin8/Win2k12 systems (ie thoses systems were VSE8.8P2 will be installed when using the P3 installer), do we need to apply HF793781 or is this automatically included in the P2 install portion of the P3 installer?
- Would there be any reason anybody can think of *not* to install HF838306 (even though it is not *currently* applicable in our environment)? I cant see any issues listed in KB51111 relating to this hotfix.
Community posts checked:
https://community.mcafee.com/message/262748 - not *directly* related as my initial question is whether hotfix HF793781 is included in the P3 install
(when it installs Patch 2) - ie has the 'Patch 2'component also been reposted?
https://community.mcafee.com/message/271346 - a little confused here. The initial response seems to be that hotfix 778101 is included in the P3
installer even though it was released at a later date... The second reply by wwarren would look to confirm that the answer to my initial key question
What I believe to be the answer to key questions:
- Sooooooooo, if we are deploying VSE880LMLRP3 to Windows endpoints other than Win8 or Win2k12, we need to:
Install VSE with above package (this will install VSE8.8 patch 2) -> install hotfixes HF793781,HF805660,HF778101 and HF838306
- no problem with installing hotfix838306 and it is there for the future, so all good
UPDATE: HF838306 doesnt appear to be available on download site. I am assuming this is the case as it is not Mandatory or High Priority?
Message was edited by: dmease729 on 21/05/13 05:24:18 CDT