1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 7:11 PM by norbertg RSS

MSME - Windows Error 2045

norbertg

We have 1000's of alerts since Saturday morning with similar error, e.g:

The OnAccess (VSAPI) scanner failed to scan the item '' with error 80040210.

The OnAccess (VSAPI) scanner failed to scan the item 'image001.jpg' with error 80040210.

The OnAccess (VSAPI) scanner failed to scan the item '5701 ITFs Not Received 20130520.pdf' with error 80040210.

Emails are still working and I haven't heard anyone not receiving emails.

I don't believe this is related to KB 53500; https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53500

MSME details obtained from EPO:

McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange MSME
      Product Version 7.6.7718.105
      Language English
      Hotfix/Patch Version Patch1,HF788523
      Service Pack
      DAT Version 7080.0000
      Engine Version 5400.1158

Exchange

Clustered 0
      Exchange Version Version 14.2 (Build 247.5)
      Number of Mailboxes 107

General

Anti-Spam Engine Version 9286
      Anti-Spam License Type Licensed
      Anti-Spam Rules Date 2013-05-19T23:55:23
      Anti-Spam Rules Version core:4584:streams:963910:uri:1424844
      DAT Date 2013-05-19T00:00:00
      DAT Version 7080.0000
      Engine Version 5400.1158
      Extra DAT Names
      Hotfix Patch1,HF788523
      Installed Path C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MSME\bin
      Language en
      Last Successful Policy Enforcement 05/17/2013 08:28:17
      MSME License Type Licensed
      Plugin Version 7.6.7718.105
      Product Version 7.6.7718.105
      Service Pack
        • 1. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
          norbertg

I restarted the MSME service earlier today and it didn't resolve the issue.

I recently stopped the MSME service for a minute and started it again and I am yet to receive an alert in the last 10 minutes.

• 2. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
            Aidan

Would advise installing MSME 7.6 P1 RU2  - the rollup contains all fixes released since P1 (it also contains P1RU1) and can be installed directly over the version details you have provided above. Its available for download at McAfee Site (with your grant number) 

Security for Microsoft Exchange 7.6 Patch 1, Rollup 2 Release Notes (PD24477)

• 3. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
              norbertg

Errors came back (8:30am our time), so it's still not fixed. Might need to look at updating to latest MSME 8 and skip 7.6 updates.

Message was edited by: norbertg on 21/05/13 8:54:25 AM

Update:

I've just had a chance to start going through my emails and noticed we have received 4 emails witht he following, last one 2 mins ago:

"VSEXCH01" Product database failed to store a record .

Solution:
              1. Check whether Postgres database is configured to a valid location.
              2. If this does configured properly, change the database location to a validdrive that has sufficient disk space.

Message was edited by: norbertg on 21/05/13 9:14:52 AM

Edit: Exchange DB is about 144g and on a 500g drive, plenty of free space.

Message was edited by: norbertg on 21/05/13 3:44:01 PM
              • 4. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
                norbertg

MSME is in no uncertain terms f'd. We have custom EPO settings (Scanner Settings) yet I can't see them.

Now I am wondering if the issue is with EPO.

I've scheduled a reboot in of Exchange and server hosting EPO for tonight.

Message was edited by: norbertg on 21/05/13 4:12:36 PM

Message was edited by: norbertg on 21/05/13 4:23:51 PM
                • 5. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
                  Aidan

It might be advisable to open a case with support - it would be hard to tell if this is related to problem with the detected items db,  an issue with the mcafeeconfig.xml or policy enforcement problems from ePO.

• 6. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
                    norbertg

I posted about the EPO issue https://community.mcafee.com/message/289730#289730 however a reboot didn't fix the issue.

• 7. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
                      norbertg

I'm going to apply the update tomorrow morning and log a support call for both MSME and EPO issues.

• 8. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
                        norbertg

This is getting better by the minute. The MSME dashboard broke on the server and was erroring with xml? file errors. I should mention earlier I added 2 email addresses to the white list on MSME since I couldn't do it on EPO. I figured I would try and fix the dashboard error by stopping and starting MSME service, now MSME is saying 'The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later.'

• 9. Re: MSME - Windows Error 2045
                          tlange

sounds like an issue with the mcafeeconfig.xml.  is epo enforcing policies for msme?  if so stop that for the moment and reset the config to default.

to reset the config just stop the msme service

open windows explorer and go to the msme\config folder and rename the mcafeeconfig.xml to .sav

go to the msme\config\default folder

copy the mcafeeconfig.xml from that folder the the msme\config folder

restart msme service

then see if you can get in.

if so then make some settings changes and verify that it is still working.  once you get the all the settings put back then export the config so you have a backup.

1 2 Previous Next