1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2013 7:06 AM by Peter M

Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues

So today after not being able to remove this pathetic SW I decided to do a little search in hopes to find help, I was in shock to see the amount of people having issues removing this useless software, that never worked to begin with. Moderators should take the intiative to invent a stickie thread with phone numbers for people with such issues. When I initially was trying to install this, 5 reps had no idea what I was talking about and were sending me to intel because its an intel chip. Only one supervisor knew and completed the registration, only to find out this sw is trash, and nothing like other companies such as lojack or computrace.

After many BSOD related to this SW I tried uninstalling it today and no luck. I seen a moderator ask is it an intel or Mcafee on this forum, and if he/she is reading this, its both. Its an intel chip with services provided by  Mcafee.

Will start my quest waisint time and energy trying to remove this pathetic software. If you log into your account, you will find nothing, no contact info, no emails, no phone numbers. Its one of the worse I have seen and surprised its coming from an established company. Pure garbage. Do not Install  if your thinking about it.

• 1. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues

I just logged into my account, all you get is please renew the software yet no info what so ever on phone numbers or contacts, a poorly designed HTML page, you can make better sites using Ebays HTML feature.  Pathetic is an understatement.

• 2. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues
            Peter M

You wont find phone numbers on your account page but there is a support tab.  Plus there is already a 'sticky' at the top of this AT section - see Announcements.

It says call 1-800-257-5404 - Select Option 1 for MAT.

• 3. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues
              Peacekeeper

This thread has all the info we can gather.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/52512?start=70&tstart=0

http://www.intel.com/support/services/anti-theft-svc/sb/CS-032771.htm

has the US and other countries phone numbers  the US 1 is working that was tested 1 week ago by a tech.

• 4. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues

I spoke with "John" who is getting a higher up because he is not qualified, you would figure with all the agony this has beeen causing people and reported that they would get their act  together.  This is the death of Mcafee. I had a few of their products in the past and I will never look at them the same way again.

He tried to tell me someone will call me back . And I refused to as this software has been acting up. Still no luck and we got nowhere, waiting for a higher or more qualified person to call me back.

• 5. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues
                  Peter M

So the first level has escalated to a higher level.  I would have thought that was a good thing.

None of us Moderators have experienced the software as it's relatively new since McAfee took it over from Intel.

We were told the best way to avoid problems with the software is not to activate it in the first place, only do that if you have a laptop that travels.   It appears some retailers are doing just that and unsuspecting purchasers aren't made aware of it.

He tried to tell me someone will call me back . And I refused to as this software has been acting up. Still no luck and we got nowhere, waiting for a higher or more qualified person to call me back.

You refused help?   The last part you say there is exactly what John was offering to do.

Meanwhile the product FAQ's are all here:  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQSearch.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1  (Look for Anti-Theft 2.0)

• 6. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues
                    Peacekeeper

Did u call your countries number mentioned in the above FAQ in my post? Also you got any SR job numbers from your calls?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/05/13 7:43:55 PM
                    • 7. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues

Yea I refused being called back tomorrow and glad I didnt settle as they will call back today. You put a product out there and you see the amount of issues its having, you better do everything in your means so that your workers have all the tools needed including training to fix customers like me without being called back. Iam not the first person that presents this issue, it dates back to 4 months ago or maybe even longer, they should be by now have recieved appropriate training so people dont wait around for them.

• 8. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues

And he did not give me a ticket number, but I dont think thats an issue at the moment as he was sincere and Iam sure its not his fault.

Finally I remember when I installed this I was testing the software out, and had a question so I decided to call as I was very itnerested in the product, I was transfered several times and finally the rep tells me they dont have such product, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and he was aware of this service. The point is, this company released this product before even giving their reps training on it. To the point that some had no idea it existed. Its poor planning from A to Z, installing and uninstalling with a very poor web lay out. Its a million dollar chip serviced by the worst.

• 9. Re: Alarmin rate for AT uninstall issues
                          Peter M

Well we Moderators are simply users like yourself volunteering from home in our spare time so we have no idea what training is given to whom and when it's given.   I agree it appears that support were slow off the mark when Intel took over McAfee and saddled them with their product(s).

1 2 Previous Next