2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 5:16 AM by gj_hop

ePO 5.0 dashboard

gj_hop

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded the business ePO 4.6.6 server to ePO 5.0.

One of the first things I've noticed is that the pie-charts within our custom dashboards are smaller and harder to read in ePO 5.0 than they were in ePO 4.6.6

Our department uses these dashboards to monitor all of ePO's activities and now the guys complain that they don't have a clear dashboard anymore.

I haven't found a way to make the graphs more readable.

Can anyone please assist?

ePO_Example.jpg

Message was edited by: gj_hop on 5/16/13 7:42:58 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: ePO 5.0 dashboard
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

I suggest you re-shape/modify these queries and you might get more optimized and legible output.

First, you may want to reorganize compliancy reports so they are in a tabular (multilevel) format and looks like this:

compliant machines: XX

entity 1: YY

entity 2: ZZ

etc.

Non-compliant machines: XX

entity 1: YY

entity 2: ZZ

I reckon this replaces the upper first 5 with one report, hopefully within the same vertical space (I further think that pie charts may not be always necessary so the graphic catches the eye if a team is monitoring these pieces of output anyway).

Second, the lower VirusScan queries may also be unified and changed to a tabular format containing product version, hotfix and engine version (e.g. in the same logic as I described above).

I would by all means leave out graphical output where it is absolutely not necessary (so it won't share the same space with the numbers) or use it only where final output is not distorted by it. Also, you may alternately use it in every third, etc. query to colour the whole bigger picture.

HTH.

Attila

Message was edited by: apoling on 17/05/13 12:24:58 CEST

Message was edited by: apoling on 17/05/13 12:26:23 CEST
          • 2. Re: ePO 5.0 dashboard
            gj_hop

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try to re-shape the reports/queries.