6 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2013 11:41 AM by hem

ePO validation.

Hi all,

i've got 2 question regards to ePO.

1) How to verify in WinXP & Win7 if this computers are "connected" to our local ePO server. Local PCs do not have internet account to "update".

On the PC shows "McAfee OAS: enabled"

2) In ePO server, how to know it's getting latest "update" from McAfee server.

thx much.

• 1. Re: ePO validation.

Hi Ckwong,

1) How to verify in WinXP & Win7 if this computers are "connected" to our local ePO server. Local PCs do not have internet account to "update".

On the PC shows "McAfee OAS: enabled"

Ans. At system tray of the computer, Right click on McAfee IconMcAfee Icon.jpg, then click on About.. Option, It will bring up the McAfee Agent About Page, where you can see all the information about McAfee Product installed on the computer and the EPO and Agent Handler Details. Please check the below screenshot.

About.jpg

Also, you can verify it by looking at the Agent_computername.log, The higlighted IP is EPO Server IP Address, (It can be agent handler IP as well, if you have configured your machine to contact Agent Handler)

NOTE: Location of Agent_hostname.log for Windows XP & Windows 2003

C:\Document & Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\

Location of Agent_hostname.log for Windows 7 & Windows 2008

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\

You will see something like below :

Agent connecting to EPO.jpg

2) In ePO server, how to know it's getting latest "update" from McAfee server.

Ans: You can first go to the Following Link and check what is the latest DAT available and then check Master Repository and see whether you have the latest updates or not.

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx

Please let me know, if you have any queries.

• 2. Re: ePO validation.

thx for your reply.

how do i install ePO agent? i mean the steps.

1) i've install mcAfee 8.7.

2) <need install agent ?> yes, where can i get this agent, tried from mcafee web but couldn't locate.

• 3. Re: ePO validation.

also my taskbar icon is not icon "shield M", it's "shield V". any difference?

• 4. Re: ePO validation.
                Hayton

This discussion has been moved out of Community Interface Help into Business ePO.

• 5. Re: ePO validation.

Hi ckwong,

You need to deploy Agent from Epolicy Orchestrator. Select the machine, Go to Action - Agent - Deploy Agent , Enter the Domain and Domain Admin Credentials.

You also need to confirm that Environmental requirements for agent deployment from the ePO 4.x server (KB56386) is fulfilled.

If you dont see "shield M" then probably McAfee Agent is not installed on the machine.

You can verify it by , going to cmd

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\DB

Type cmdagent.exe /s and hit enter, if McAfee Agent is installed on the machine then Agent Monitor Screen will pop up else it will give you an Error.

• 6. Re: ePO validation.
                    hem

CmdAgent.exe will be under C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework directory.There is no difference as such. If you are connected to the client machine through RDP then you will not see the M icon till you open the agent monitor window manually (CmdAgent.exe /s).

Message was edited by: hem on 18/5/13 10:11:14 PM IST