Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
519 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 5:34 AM by Tristan RSS
abeytr Newcomer 2 posts since
May 13, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2013 2:05 AM

shutdown pc on detection of a virus

I would like to know if there is a setting in the VirusScan Enterprise where I can shutdown the computer as and when a virus is detected and cleaned/deleted.

If this setting is not there, can you please let me know if the VirusScan Enterprise writes some logs or something which I can use to programmatically detect the same so that my program can initiate a shutdown of the PC.

• Don_Martin Apprentice 104 posts since
    Nov 11, 2010
    1. May 13, 2013 4:21 AM (in response to abeytr)
    Re: shutdown pc on detection of a virus

Hello,

this is managable via "Automatic Responses". After the definition for what to start the response (filtermenu) you can choose an "external Task" as response.

For doing this you have to create a *.cmd File with the paramters you want (like "shutdown -s") and register it for use with your ePO via "Menu", "Configuration", "Registered executables...". After registration you can use this cmd-File as automatic response for given parameters and criterias.

• Tristan Veteran 799 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009
    3. May 13, 2013 5:34 AM (in response to abeytr)
    Re: shutdown pc on detection of a virus

Don_Martins solution is for ePO (ePolicy Orchestrator) the enterprise management console for all McAfee products.

Sadly there isn't much you can do as a normal user, this can only be done by the McAfee administrator of your Organization as he'll have access to ePO.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points