Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1939 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2013 5:59 PM by ajha1 RSS
sylvindias Newcomer 1 posts since
Oct 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 12, 2013 12:17 PM

Can I push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6

Hello,

This is my first time setting up a new EPO. I have sucessfully installed EPO and installed agents on a few devices.

Is it possible to push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6 console. If yes, then how?. If no, then is there another way?

Smiles,

Sylvin

• dineshsukhatankar09 Newcomer 2 posts since
    Apr 9, 2013
    1. May 12, 2013 10:58 PM (in response to sylvindias)
    Re: Can I push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6

Hi,

Open group to which you have to deploy VSE 8.08. in right hand site go to ASSIGNED CLIENT TASK .

IN bottom go to ACTION  --New client task assignment---- Select Product---on task type select product deployment --on third pane task name create task use proper information in drop down

Enable shedule day time then save task apply this task to group on which you want.

• ajha1 Newcomer 32 posts since
    Dec 25, 2012
    2. May 18, 2013 5:59 PM (in response to sylvindias)
    Re: Can I push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6

Hi sylvindias,

You can follow the instructions as per Dinesh, for more clarity on the deployment, please go through

How do I install VSE via #ePolicy Orchestrator?

Add the installation package to your repository, then create/modify a Deployment Task (see your ePO 4.6 or ePO 4.5 documentation for instructions).

NOTE: The Deployment Task allows for command line options to be specified too. This allows you to make simple changes to the installation, such as not installing a particular feature. For a complete list of options, see PD22944.

Also recommend you to go through KB71642 - FAQs for VirusScan Enterprise 8.x, to address your other queries related to VSE.

[http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71642]

Regards,

AJ

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points