Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
592 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 3:55 PM by Brad McGarr RSS
frankm Apprentice 62 posts since
Jan 10, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 6, 2013 1:49 PM

Admin role by groups?

We have a partner (migrated from Postini), who needs to assign additional admin roles (e.g. for sales and tech support access) and also limit access to a single customer or subset of customer accounts, something that was available with Postini. The client can assign a user as a VAR admin, but really needs to limit which domains the user can access.

Would it be possible to see a feature enhancement to add admin roles by groups and also set up granular policy permissions?

FrankM

• Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 154 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    1. May 6, 2013 2:03 PM (in response to frankm)
    Re: Admin role by groups?

Hi Frank,

This functionality is already in place. While you cannot specifiy a subset of customer accounts, you can create Customer Administrators on customer accounts.

Available administrative roles are:

• Partner Administrator
      • This account type has complete access to the accounts under the partner shell, and can create new customers and new primary domains, but cannot create or change passwords on any user account or view any user accounts' Email Continuity inbox.
    • VAR Administrator
      • Similar to the Partner Administrator, but cannot make any revenue impacting changes to client accounts.
    • Customer Administrator
      • Contained to a customer account only, and has administrative access to all domains under the customer account.
    • Domain Administrator
      • Contained to a single domain
      • Limited to specific permissions, identified in link to KB below
    • Quarantine Manager
    • Reports Manager
    • Group Administrator
      • Can see the users in their group (list of users), and can make changes to policies that are owned by group.
    • User

KB Article with permission level details: https://support.mcafeesaas.com/MCAFEE/_cs/AnswerDetail.aspx?sSessionID=&inc=3948 6&caller=~%2fFindAnswers.aspx%3ftxtCriteria%3dA039486-110110%26sSessionid%3d

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information
    Dec 4, 2012
    3. May 6, 2013 3:13 PM (in response to frankm)

Frank, just to clarify what you're looking for. Are you wanting to be able to specify a VAR-Admin user to also be a Customer Administrator role for specific accounts?

e.g. "bob [at ] reseller.com" is has both VAR Admin rights but also Customer Admin Rights with ABC Co, DEF Corp, etc.?

Or are you referring more to specifying a user as an authorized Support Contact, authorized Billing Contact, etc?

Message was edited by: cascadia on 5/6/13 2:13:18 PM MDT

Brad McGarr
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Dec 4, 2012
    5. May 6, 2013 3:55 PM (in response to frankm)

Thank you Frank, much clearer now.

I'll go ahead and submit an enhancement request this evening for the requested changes. Product Management takes all requests into consideration, but not all requests are implemented for many factors.

I'll send you a quick PM to get some additional information.

Brad McGarr

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points