Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
715 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 8:06 AM by bblanchard RSS
achp Newcomer 17 posts since
Apr 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 3, 2013 8:57 AM

Configuring MEG via ePO

I have setup a MEG virtual server and using the configuration wizard set it up to be managed via ePo 4.6. From within ePo I can now see a limited set of configurable items under 'MEG Common Settings' but how do I gain access to all the configurable items were available via the web console?

Thanks

Message was edited by: achp on 03/05/13 08:57:56 CDT
  • bblanchard Newcomer 31 posts since
    Aug 27, 2012
    1. May 6, 2013 7:13 AM (in response to achp)
    Re: Configuring MEG via ePO

Most configuration items will be available in the policies of ePO. 

• bblanchard Newcomer 31 posts since
    Aug 27, 2012
    3. May 7, 2013 8:06 AM (in response to achp)
    Re: Configuring MEG via ePO

Yes the product guide has a section that will explain how to integrate ePO with MEG 7.5. Essentially what you want to do is :

1- Check in the product and extensions

2- Register your MEG in the "Registered Servers"

3- In the "Email and Web Gateway" configuration page in ePO, enter the credentials so that ePO can log in the MEG

4- Export the connection settings for the MEG appliance from ePO and import them into the MEG console

5- Export your policies from MEG and import them into ePO (and make sure you assign them to MEG in ePO).. this is very important because when you enable MEG management through ePO, if you don't assign the      correct policies, it will overwrite your MEG configuration with blank policies.

6-  Enable the MEG management by ePO in the MEG console

Hope this help

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points