5 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2013 10:34 AM by foliveir

Encryption Status Notification

sat1522

How will I set up notification alert via Email when Encryption status is InActive?  I have set it up for Threat and want to do the same for Non-encrypted system status.

• 1. Re: Encryption Status Notification
          foliveir

Hello,

Before you begin, I assume that you already have an Email server configured on the ePO Server settings (based on your post above). If you haven't you will need to configure that before the steps below.

You can create a report in ePO by copying the EE: Encryption Provider report; then you customize it by :

1 - going to Edit,  Select "2. Chart" and set it to table format.

2 - Go to filter "4.Filter" and select Endpoint Encryption systems, set the condition to "State (System)", value "Inactive". Run the report and make sure you are happy with the results.

3 - Go to Automation, Server tasks, Select action "Run Query", select the query you have created in #1 and #2. In SubAction choose "Email file" and provide the correct SMTP details.

4 - Finally set the schedule to an appropriate value for your organisation, daily would be my recommendation.

HTH,

Fausto

• 2. Re: Encryption Status Notification
            sat1522

Hi Foliveir,

I followed your suggestion and I wasn't getting the correct  information or the information I wanted.  I want to be able to receive  email of a system when the disk is not encrypted.  There is a query for  disk status of both encrypted and non-encrypted,  I'm more interesting  of getting the non-encrypted ones.  How will I accomplish the query of  non-encrypted disk system only?

Thank you in advanced..

Sat

• 3. Re: Encryption Status Notification
              foliveir

Hello,

You can achieve the same by creating a copy of EE: Disk Status and modifying the filter to filter out on State Disk, and the value to be Comparison "Does not equal" value "Encrypted"

HTH,

Fausto

• 4. Re: Encryption Status Notification
                sat1522

Thank you again.  That worked.  Do you know if there is away to send a real-time notification via Email?  I want to be notified just like when a virus threat.

Sat

• 5. Re: Encryption Status Notification
                  foliveir

Hello,

I am afraid I don't know how that can be achieved via the email implementation in ePO. Maybe a PER ?

HTH,

Fausto